Hotel Costa Azul - A Runner-Friendly hotel
Follow these simple tips and keep up your workout routine while on holiday
Are you going on holiday? Holidays are primarily a time for you and your loved ones, but they should never be an excuse for forgetting your training. As an athlete, your best option is to always stick to a routine, albeit a maintenance one, so your body doesn’t experience abrupt changes and your fitness level suffer.
Here are a few simple tips to help you keep up your favourite sport while on holiday.
1. Establish a holiday routine >> First of all, remember you’re on holidays, so we recommend you lower your regular pace a little and perform low-intensity workouts. Establish a calendar and schedule and combine your workouts with normal holiday activities – there’s time for everything!
2. Go sightseeing ... running! >> When planning your workout route make it a point to take in one of the city’s tourist attractions. Many routes starting from our hotel in Palma will take you to the Cathedral or Bellver Castle and lead you through such picturesque neighbourhoods as Santa Catalina.
3. No excuses >> If it’s windy or raining on the day you planned to go running, don’t let it be an excuse. Visit the hotel gym and reach your daily goal on the treadmill ... with views of the Mediterranean!
4. Charge your batteries >> Before going running it is important to give your body the energy it needs for a good workout. It’s not a good idea to wake up in the nick of time and set out with sleep still in your eyes. If you’re a morning runner, get up in time for a good breakfast with the carbs and protein your body needs. Our Xaloc restaurant offers the perfect athlete’s breakfast, with a wide range of juices, cold cuts and fresh fruits. After your run, why not visit our 3rd-floor terrace and do your stretching session overlooking the seafront promenade, or enjoy a well-deserved massage in our Espai Wellness?
5. Join the Hotel Costa Azul Running Team >> Check out the next race taking place in Palma, wear the orange Hotel Costa Azul shirt, join our team of runners and reach the finish line together.
We’ll be waiting for you in our 4-star hotel in Majorca, so... don’t forget your running shoes!